Ladder safety In The Workplace
Posted By Kelly Hone on 2018-06-28 12:58
Ladders can be useful tools, but when used incorrectly, they can cause serious injuries or even death. Each year falls from ladders make up a third of deaths in construction.
Falls are preventable when you plan ahead, provide the right equipment and train workers to use equipment safely.
Healthscreen wants to help you work safe at heights and prevent falls. Before you climb a ladder at work, take a look at our checklist to make sure you are using ladder safety:
- When using a ladder, make sure you are wearing non-slip flat shoes.
- Always make sure you have the right equipment for the job. For example, if you are working around electricity, you should use a fiberglass ladder.
- Check the ladder carefully to make sure there are no visible defects and it’s in good working condition. Never use an unsafe ladder.
- Always place the ladder on level ground and secure it. When using a ladder to get to another level, secure and extend it at least three feet above the landing point.
- Avoid placing a ladder near doorways, pedestrian walkways, and traffic.
- Rule of 3’s- Always face the ladder and maintain three points of contact with the ladder.
If you are looking for professional health and safety surveillance in the workplace, look no further, contact us for your FREE quotation and find out more about our services!