Preventing Occupational Muscoloskeletal Disorders in The Workplace
Training Your Staff To Prevent Musculoskeletal Disorders
Providing your employees with the knowledge they need
Provide your employees with greater awareness, understanding, motivation, and the tools to help prevent musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries occurring whether at work or at home.
Musculoskeletal injury and absence is a real problem in the workplace - 40% of work-related absence in 2015 was due to MSK disorders (HSE 2015).
Reactive treatments help employees back to work quicker, but the real goal is to stop injuries occurring in the first place by providing site-based workshops that are:
Employee engagement response to injury prevention
A high proportion of employees using Occupational Health services who have MSK injuries or conditions could have prevented this by taking simple steps to address their own health and well-being, but often don’t have the knowledge, motivation or educational tools to do so. Body Mechanics addresses this gap.
Taking manual workers or operators away from work can be costly. To address this, Body Mechanics sessions can be delivered to groups in a variety of locations from large meeting rooms to on-site, or in ready-to-work areas.
Tailored to your working environment
Body Mechanics delivers short, interactive and memorable workshops which educate groups of employees on how to help prevent MSK injuries/disorders from occurring. Each session usually lasts 45 minutes and typically includes:
- Overview of MSK injuries
- Individual’s risk factors
- The importance of fitness
- Simple tests of individual’s fitness e.g. flexibility, balance, core strength
- Self-management of sprains & strains and back pain
- Question & Answer session
- Delivered in an engaging and fun way
- Minimal operational disruption due to delivery format
- Large number of employees can participate in one day
- Can cost as little as £10 per employee.
Cost-effective, professional solution
- Quality service delivered by a Health Professional
- Reduces the likelihood of musculoskeletal injuries
- Helps improve wellbeing
- Enhances existing manual handling programmes
- Supports recognition and awards such as Workplace Wellbeing Charter
Preventing Occupational Musculoskeletal Disorders
Our training services can help your business in the long term by giving your staff the knowledge to prevent these type of strain injuries. If you have any questions about this training service or any of our occupational health surveillance services, don't hesitate to call us on 01455 234 600 or contact us online now.