Explore the exciting opportunities currently available within our company and join our dynamic, enthusiastic, and supportive team.
TRAINEE Occupational Health Technician (OHT)/Administrator
Healthscreen UK is a rapidly expanding occupational health company dedicated to promoting good health within the working environment, serving clients ranging from worldwide companies to local small businesses.
As a highly sought-after role in the UK, Healthscreen UK offers comprehensive training at our dedicated training center. This multifaceted position involves both office-based and on-site responsibilities, with the provision of your own vehicle.
This role will swiftly progress you into an OHT, where you will perform medical assessments on site or in our state-of-the-art offices. You will conduct medical surveillance on the local workforce, ensuring data is uploaded to software for employers to safeguard their employees. In the office, you will handle contract quotations, secure contracts, and schedule surveillance activities in our system.
If you are seeking a job that offers diversity each week, a mix of travel and occasional local work, competitive compensation upon qualification, and a highly in-demand career, this role is perfect for you!
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Possession of a full clean driving license and your own car
- Good GCSE grades
- Ability to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in the workplace and vehicle, as this is a medical area
- Proficiency in administrative tasks including word processing, spreadsheet management, database systems (e.g., iCloud), data entry, and quotations
- Analytical mindset with an interest in medical issues
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Travel for overnight stays with accommodation and meals provided
- Occasionally work on weekends with compensatory time off
- Utilise relevant software tools within the industry
- Respond promptly and supportively to all emails
- Handle phone calls in a polite and effective manner
You will receive:
- In-house training and courses in medical surveillance, including audiometry, lung function, skin surveillance, HAVs, musculoskeletal assessments, and general health
- Occasional use of a fully equipped large van for medical assessments
- Free training for a recognised profession in the health industry
- Competitive pay rate upon qualification and competency
- Flexibility and variety in your work
- A strict 40-hour workweek, which may include travel and result in a four-day workweek on some occasions
- A supportive work environment within a family business
- Opportunities for further training with company support, relevant to the business
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
Starting wage: £20,000 (Qualified and competent wage: £25,000 including car allowance)
Job Type: Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate: Leicester, Leicestershire: Candidates should reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To join our team or obtain more information about this opportunity, please contact us today at 01455 243700 or fill out the form below.