Safe Effective Quality Occupational Health Service (SEQOHS) accreditation is the formal recognition that an occupational health service provider has demonstrated it has the competence to deliver against the measures in the SEQOHS standards.
HealthscreenUK is working towards obtaining the prestigious Safe Effective Quality Occupational Health Service (SEQOHS) accreditation. This accreditation will signify our competence in delivering services that meet the measures outlined in the SEQOHS standards, in addition to our exemplary practices.
Our journey towards being a SEQOHS Accredited Occupational Health Provider
At Healthscreen UK, we are dedicated to becoming a SEQOHS accredited occupational health provider. This reflects our commitment to delivering the highest quality Occupational Health Services not only in the Midlands but throughout the entire United Kingdom. We are determined to meet and exceed the rigorous standards set by SEQOHS, demonstrating our dedication to excellence in every aspect of our services.
SEQOHS, which stands for Safe Effective Quality Occupational Health Service, emerged as a result of Dame Carol Black’s review of Britain’s working-age population’s health, titled “Working for a Healthier Tomorrow.” Published in March 2008, this review emphasized the need for clear standards of practice and formal accreditation for all providers supporting working-age individuals. The Government’s response, titled “Improving Health and Work: Changing Lives,” endorsed the recommendation put forth in the review.
In response to these developments, a diverse stakeholder group led by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine collaborated to establish standards and an accreditation process for Occupational Health Services. These standards were officially introduced as SEQOHS in January 2010, followed by the launch of the accreditation scheme in December 2010.
The purpose of SEQOHS is to enhance the overall quality of care delivered by occupational health services through a voluntary accreditation process. By striving for SEQOHS accreditation, providers aim to make a significant positive impact on the health of working-age individuals.
Aims of SEQOHS
- Provide occupational health services with clear benchmarks for the standards of practice they should strive for.
- Recognise and validate the commendable work carried out by high-quality occupational health services, independently verifying their adherence to quality standards.
- Elevate standards within the occupational health sector by identifying areas that require improvement.
- Assist purchasers in distinguishing occupational health services that meet the desired standards from those that fall short.
- Business probity: Ensuring business integrity and financial propriety.
- Information governance: Maintaining the adequacy and confidentiality of records.
- People: Focusing on the competency and supervision of occupational health staff.
- Facilities and equipment: Ensuring safe, accessible, and appropriate facilities and equipment.
- Relationships with purchasers: Promoting fair dealing and a customer-centric approach.
- Relationships with workers: Emphasising fair treatment, respect, and worker involvement.