Occupational Health Referrals
Occupational Health (OH) referrals are made by managers for various reasons, such as concerns over performance or behaviour, employee’s capacity to work, short-term or long-term sickness absence, serious accident or illness at work, and fitness to attend disciplinary or other meetings. The aim is to advise management regarding the employee’s health issues, making recommendations for adjustments to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for the employee.
How We Support You
Our Occupational Health Referral service is designed to provide comprehensive support to both employers and employees in managing health-related issues in the workplace. Our experienced occupational health professionals are dedicated to promoting the well-being and productivity of your workforce.
When you refer an employee to our Occupational Health service, we ensure a streamlined process that begins with a detailed assessment of the individual’s health condition and its impact on their ability to perform their job effectively. Our skilled practitioners conduct thorough examinations and evaluations, taking into consideration any relevant medical history, work-related factors, and legal requirements.
Based on the assessment findings, we provide clear and actionable recommendations to assist you in managing the employee’s health condition within the workplace. These recommendations may include adjustments to their duties, workplace accommodations, rehabilitation programs, or guidance on necessary support and interventions.
Furthermore, we understand the importance of effective communication and collaboration between all stakeholders involved. Our team works closely with employers, employees, and healthcare professionals to ensure a holistic approach to managing occupational health issues. We provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the process, assisting you in implementing the necessary measures to support your employees’ health and well-being.
- Advising management on the employee’s health issues.
- Recommending adjustments to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Assessing an employee’s fitness to work.
- Providing support to managers in their decision-making process.
- Offering assessments at a location convenient to the employee.
Ensuring Regulatory Compliance
At Healthscreen, we understand the importance of regulatory compliance in occupational health. We are committed to helping you meet your legal obligations and ensuring the well-being of your employees in accordance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
Our Occupational Health Referral service is designed to align with various regulatory frameworks, including but not limited to:
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974: We assist you in fulfilling your duty of care towards your employees, ensuring their health, safety, and welfare in the workplace.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999: We help you comply with these regulations by assessing and managing the health risks associated with work activities, providing appropriate referrals and interventions as necessary.
- Equality Act 2010: We ensure that our assessment and recommendations consider any relevant requirements related to disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002: If an employee’s health condition is related to exposure to hazardous substances, we evaluate the risks and recommend appropriate control measures to protect their well-being.
- Other relevant legislation: Our Occupational Health Referral service aligns with a range of other regulations specific to certain industries or activities, such as the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, Control of Vibration at Work Regulations, or the Display Screen Equipment Regulations.
By engaging our Occupational Health Referral service, you can be confident that you are taking the necessary steps to comply with relevant regulations, promote a healthy work environment, and safeguard the well-being of your employees.
Managers can make OH referrals for their employees.
The aim of OH referrals is to advise management regarding the employee’s health issues, making recommendations for adjustments to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for the employee.
OH referrals can be carried out at the business address, a suitable clinic, or the employee’s home address.
If you need to make an OH referral for your employee, please contact us to discuss your requirements and arrange an assessment. Our OH practitioners are experienced and qualified to provide you with the advice and support you need to make informed decisions regarding your employees’ health issues.