Occupational Health Referrals
What is an Occupational Health Management Referral?
A Manager may create referrals for an employee to Occupational Health for a variety of reasons:
- Short-term or Long-term sickness absence
- Concerns over performance or behaviour
- Concerns over employee’s capacity to continue to work
- Whether an employee is fit to attend a disciplinary or other meetings
- Serious accident or illness at work
Its primary aim is to advise management regarding the employee’s health issues, making recommendations for adjustments that could be considered to ensure a safe/healthy working environment for that employee. It can also be an assessment of somebody’s fitness to work.
Advice provided by Occupational Health (OH) in the referral process is primarily designed to support the referring manager in their decision making when dealing with a employee’s health-related issue.
Following an assessment of health by an OH Practitioner a fully comprehensive report will be provided to both the employee and the employer.
All referrals can be done either at our consulting room in Leicestershire, your business address, a suitably located clinic or an employees home address.