What is Cyclohexanone and what is it used for?
Cyclohexanone is a clear oily liquid with an acetone like smell. It is somewhat soluble in water, however completely miscible with common solvents. It is used in the production of adipic acid, resins, oxime, caprolactam and nylon 6.
Symptoms of Exposure
Potential symptoms of overexposure are;
- Irritation/burning of eyes,
- Irritation/burning of skin, causing itching, dryness, redness and rashes,
- Irritation of respiratory system,
- Irritation of nose & throat, causing coughing & wheezing,
- Cumulative liver and kidney damage,
- Difference in central nervous system function,
- Nausea and/or Vomiting,
- Headache, dizziness, lightheaded, drowsiness & passing out,
- Coma, however it generally has low acute toxicity.