Safety Critical Medicals – Newcastle
The exact tests for a safety-critical medical or fit-for-work medical can vary dependent on the job that the employee or prospective employee is due to undertake. However, there is a standard set of tests in the medical which consists of:
- A baseline health questionnaire to establish any current or previous medical/psychological health history
- General Health (Weight, Height, BMI, BP, Pulse, Urinalysis for Blood Protein Glucose & Ketones)
- Audiometry (Hearing Test)
- Respiratory (Lung Function)
- Visual Acuity, colour vision and peripheral vision screen
- Dermatology (Skin check)
- Musculoskeletal / Mobility assessment
- Drug & Alcohol test (optional)
- Working at Height (optional)
- Confined Space (optional)
Additions can include, night worker assessment and HAVs (Hand-arm vibration assessment).
Not sure if we can cover your workplace?
Below is an overview of the main locations we cover from our clinic in Newcastle:
Our fully-equipped clinic near Newcastle is ideal for all Health Surveillance requirements, just contact us on 01133230907 to make a booking.
- Merchant House, 30 Cloth Market, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle, NE1 1EE, United Kingdom
- Arthurs Hill
- South Heaton
Contact us now to arrange a booking